OK, this story dates back about two years or at least it feels that long. I have a long ranch style home and Comcast cable with a router. My issue has always been getting one of our three Xbox consoles to connect and all three from getting kicked off periodically. Needless to say, the one console that has a hard time connecting is the farthest away from the router. I would say it is 60 to 70 feet away and up stairs. So let’s go through the check list of things I purchased that did not work:
Routers -Linksys G, Linksys G MaxRange, and Linksys N routers.Belkin N+N Dual BandSame problem. Bad of no connection to Xbox Live.And yes, I purchased the new Xbox N adapter and it improved the signal but it did not fix the problem.
What a failed to tell you is that about 1 month into the problem a guy at Best Buy told me about the PowerLine adapters that use the wiring in your home to send your network…
This product is refurb Netgear 85Mbps Powerline Network Adapter Kit – XETB1001 B001AZUTCS, with Netgear trademark the output of electronic products that are already well known throughout its actual customers.
Explanation of refurb Netgear 85Mbps Powerline Network Adapter Kit – XETB1001
NETGEARâ?TMs 85 Mbps Powerline Network Adapter Kit (XETB1001) is a convenient solution for extending your home network by using standard electrical outlets. This kit delivers thedevices you need to set up an Internet connection in any room without running new wires.
Features of Netgear 85Mbps Powerline Network Adapter Kit – XETB1001
- This network kit allows you to transform any electrical outlet into an Ethernet network connection and extend your secure Powerline network wherever you need it most.
- Extend a secure Powerline Ethernet network connection to any electrical outlet. Compatible with 10 Mbps or 10/100 Mbps Ethernet products. Ultrafast data transfer rates up to 85 Mbps.
- Compatible with HomePlug 1.0 Powerline devices. 1 plug supplies both power and network connections for a space-saving design that reduces clutter.
- Ideal for powering a wireless router and extending an Internet connection to a computer, set-top box, game console, DVR or print server. Data encryption capability helps protect connections against eavesdroppers, hackers and other harmful Web traffic
- Power, Powerline Link and Ethernet link/activity LEDs keep you informed of system status. Plug-and-play installation. PC compatible. Includes 2 Powerline network adapters, Ethernet cable, installation guide and installation software CD-ROM.
List Price: $79.99
Saved Price: $31.03
Category: Powerline Network Adapters
Item Page Detail URL:
Match up the goods in Amazon.com: